Friday 29 March 2019

Famous Names or Burnt Out Strains

THIS POST DID NOT GET PUBLISHED, HERE IT IS:


RESEARCH DONE SINCE THIS POST WAS WRITTEN WAS WITH COMMERCIALLY SOLD SEED. With those Famous Name Seeds and cross breeds, low yields often resulted and many, I think, have had low quality results. The Licensed Producers who were to mail order Medical Marijuana have gained control of Recreational Marijuana and Sales to Dispensaries and they are unable to meet either the Quality or Quantity Requirements of Consumers. I do wonder if the seed might have been the problem and the breeds the Licensed Producers have as well.


Famous names in many situations are cloned and re-cloned varieties which I suspect are too old.  Is it possible that many standard varieties are "burnt out' or too old in total age since seed grown?

I was there for the burn out or degeneration or senility of the powerful Skunk, the real one.  I will write the Skunk story in BC in the future, other persons had much more to do with the Skunk than I did. I have grown and crossed back Skunk (I doubt stray male pollen got in) when the Skunk was in its prime.  I had grown Thai weed from seed right out of a gold Thai Stick, but saw no male stamens, so I would assume that the S86 which won the 1987 Kootenay Cup as " Lindon " and the S87 which won the 1988 Kootenay Cup as " Lucy"*  ( Grown from seed I produced by outdoor farmers) S86 and S87 are probably Skunk crossed back on itself from survival male blossoms. I was demolished in an end of 1986 automobile accident and had memory disfunction even after physically becoming able again. I remembered again by the summer of 1990,I remember the poor condition the Skunk I had degenerated to. When I looked around a year later, I found that the other growers who had possessed Skunk were not growing it any more.  

                   *Lucy, as in Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

 What exactly is the message : I find that when I smoke the Famous Names from the Past, it is a long past now, I do not get very high, not Lucy in the Sky High...

 New varieties grown from seed can really be all over the place, perhaps there are seed houses where the problem has been solved. New varieties I saw seemed to be flawed due to their young total age, clones are older in total age, and seem to be more stable and more resistant to damage from virus or mold exposure.

  Low yield and poor bud structure preclude the husbandry of many strains.

I am not the only person who has found commercially grown old strains to be weak. I have smoked a number of newly grown from seed varieties which I found to be much more powerful than the Famous Names. The Famous are often capable of producing a large bud and large yield and in some cases continue to do so year after year, but is the high and the quality of the high still there?

The desirable strains must be procreated in breeding programs until the effective, large enough and robust plants are created , cloned and grown. 

  High is not a bad thing. Artists and musicians have long used the High effect of marijuana and other drugs to enhance perception, artistic representation and musical performance.

  In Europe at pharmacies Sandoz Laboratories offered " Artists and Musicians Pastiles" LSD 25.

The other use of medical marijuana is the use for pain relief and depression and the enhancement of appetite and alleviation of other drugs undesirable effects are the territory of the Indica varieties in theory. Uplifting energetic and creative effects are from the Sativa Family, based on practical experience of consumers.

I find that I am not attracted to the sedative, calming and analgesic Indicas.  I find that what I consider to be "Space Fleet " marijuana, marijuana which relaxes, even lays back the smoker at first and then creates an energetic creative and pyschedellic High. I want a trip to space and lysergic vistas   

3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of seeds which will not satisfy your needs but make no bones about the accuracy of clones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Marijuana Informations are lit af
    Thank You very much for your informational blog I was looking for a blog just like yours, Hope will get more knowledge from you in future.
    Click here for more information:- MMJ super market

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly who and where skunk was created.

    ReplyDelete